Business Appraisal Services
Why a "Professional" Business Valuation?
Each business and appraisal situation is unique and has different qualitative and intangible factors contributing to its value. Reliable conclusions, which stand up to regulatory and judicial scrutiny, can only be drawn after a detailed study of all relevant factors. Such thorough analysis can only come from a knowledgeable and experienced appraiser.
When Do You Need a Business Valuation?
- Reorganizations and workouts
- Mergers, sales or acquisitions
- Estate, gift and income tax planning
- Buy/sell agreements
- Marital disputes
- Business/property losses and interruptions
- Trust/charitable foundation planning
- Federal/state tax controversies
- Stock compensation programs
- Partner/shareholder disputes
- Ownership successions
How Do You Benefit?
- Conclusions are well-documented and objective
- Observations help owners take action to improve operations
- Jobs are done on time
Our Process Targets Key Areas:
- Define the scope of work
- Research of the business and industry
- Examination of external factors that impact the operations of the business
- Identify financial adjustments required for valuation purposes
- Reports that document the merits of our opinion
- Expert testimony on findings, if necessary
Methodology to Identify Value Drivers
Our approach places significant emphasis on financial statement analysis and research to determine the normalized earnings and equity of the enterprise. Conclusions are tested for economic reality.
Harold L. Deiters, CPA/ABV/CFF, CFE, CFFA
Tel: (631) 719-3225