This is what our International Tax Services are all about.
A successful multi-national business or investor must consider the tax consequences of business or investment decisions. Tax planning and compliance can have a significant impact on your bottom line. When faced with decisions involving international business and investment, you can avoid hazards by understanding how transactions and activities affect your tax liabilities and by ensuring you have complied with the related tax reporting requirements.
For example, U.S. income tax liabilities can arise from:
- A U.S. person (corporation, partnership, individual or trust) having an interest, directly or indirectly, in a foreign corporation even though the foreign corporation does not pay dividends.
- A non-U.S. person having an interest in a U.S. partnership.
- A non-U.S. person having an interest, directly or indirectly, in U.S. real estate.
- Withholding tax requirements related to payments from a U.S. person to a foreign person or with respect to income allocable by a U.S. partnership to a foreign person, even though no actual distributions take place.
These are just a few examples of the many issues which arise when business or investment crosses the border. Holtz Rubenstein Reminick has the expertise to help you navigate the hazards of tax planning and compliance in a multi-national environment.
Whether you're a U.S. individual or business with investments or operations outside the U.S. or a non-U.S. person with interests in the U.S., our international tax professionals will work with you to find solutions which fit your business or investment plan to help you reduce your tax burden and help you comply with tax reporting requirements.
Our international tax and business consulting services include:
- Consulting services to help you create a tax efficient business or investment plan.
- Analytical and consulting services to help you understand the tax ramifications of proposed transactions and, where possible, obtain rulings from tax authorities.
- Compliance services to help relieve the burden of the increasingly complex reporting requirements related to international activities.
Among our staff are professionals dedicated to international tax matters who bring years of experience and fresh ideas to each engagement. We can also draw on a network of overseas tax partners through DFK International to provide you with access to a broad range of non-U.S. professionals to create an integrated crossborder service package.
We understand the challenges faced by U.S. residents with operations or investments outside the United States as well as those faced by foreign companies or investors with operations or investments in the United States.
Whether it is you, your company, or that of a client doing business overseas, we
look forward to helping you navigate through international waters.
Todd W. Hedgpeth, J.D. LL.M.
Director, International Tax